Registration for SCYC 2020 is now Open
Key Dates for 2020
Monday 6th to Friday 10th July
(For current Primary 4 to 5)
Monday 13th to Friday 17th July
(For current Primary 5 to 6)
Monday 20th to Friday 24th July
(For current Primary 7 to Secondary 3)
How to Register
To register your child for camp, all you need to do is fill in the online form or download and print your own copy before posting it back. Your child will have a choice of which week they’d like to go depending on their school year group, but please ask if you would like an alternate week.
What Happens Next
- Once your space is booked, you will be sent a confirmation either by email or letter which will include information about travel arrangements, clothing required and other information.
- With your confirmation we will send a medical form, which must be filled in and signed by a parent or guardian. This should be posted back as soon as possible to assist our preparation and medical provision.
- We cater for most dietary requirements and medical needs, please include this information on the medical form.
- One week before camp starts a reminder letter will be posted out or emailed.
- For parents who would like to send a donation, cheques can be made payable to Shetland Christian Youth Camp.
For more information on the camp or if you would like to speak to anyone about specific concerns then please call:
Alasdair or Rhoda MacPherson
Tel: 01950 313013
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram or sign up to our newsletters to be kept up to date with all the latest news.
Investing in your Children
Camp is a great opportunity for children to make new friends, try fun engaging activities they have never tried before and have happy memories to look back on.
For many it is their first time away from home, so our dorm leaders go the extra mile to make each camper feel safe and looked after. Team building activities help children to develop confidence and work alongside each other.
Share it with Friends
Each dorm is made up of eight campers and two leaders, so your child can come with their friends. They have activities with their dorm as well as mixed activities with children from across Shetland. The camp is free of charge to all children and is run by Christians from across Shetland who have been running SCYC for over twenty years.
Time for Fun
Activities include Biking, Go Kart, Bouncy Castle, Football, Craft, Table Tennis and Pool. There are daily Bible stories, quizzes and games run by familiar faces, who are regular visitors to schools in Shetland. Our outings include the swimming pool, the nearby beach and other attractions. Children can also buy treats, toys, books and more at the daily tuckshop and bookshop.
Subscribe for email updates
Have a question?
© 2019 Shetland Christian Youth Camp